Unfiled Tax Returns and Late Tax Returns


Having many years or even one year of unfiled tax returns is not a situation to take lightly, failing to file your tax returns is a criminal offense that the IRS takes very seriously. If you do not file, you can be prosecuted and punished, possibly with jail time and have to pay hefty fines. The possible jail times are up to one year for each year not filed. Do not put your valuable freedom on the line over failing to file your tax returns with the IRS.


Showalter CPA have helped thousands of people file unfiled returns. Let us give you peace of mind by helping you get into compliance with the filing requirements of the IRS. If you voluntarily file your delinquent returns, you will likely avoid further problems other than having to pay the interest and penalties. If you wait for the IRS or State to file your returns for you, they will be prepared in the best interest of the government. The IRS will not include exemptions, deductions, or credits that could reduce the tax amount. This is called a substitute for return and it is never in your best interest. In most cases, you will likely owe taxes, interest, and penalties after the returns are filed. Once we see how much is owed, we will put together a plan of action to resolve the penalties, interest and taxes that is owed to the IRS. Let us help you get those unfiled returns filed. Call (605) 646-3585 today.


We can help with unfiled or late Tax Returns!


Most of the time, we can prepare and file unfiled returns avoiding the risk of such harsh penalties. In a lot of cases, the IRS has already prepared a return for you and assessed the tax based on that return which the IRS calls a substitute for return. These IRS prepared returns will include all the income items that the IRS knows about and will not include any deductions, exemptions or credits you are entitled to claim for yourself. The tax assessed based on the IRS prepared return will always be higher than the amount that we determine using all the available deductions, exemptions, and credits that you are entitled to in your particular situation. If you have a tax problem and need our help call us today at (605) 646-3585.

Once you become our client you will not have to speak to the IRS. In fact, we do not want you to. If they want information or to talk to you, they will have to go through us. The first step to getting tax problem help is calling us at (605) 646-3585 and scheduling a free, no obligation tax case evaluation with a Certified Public Accountant.

The Dreaded Letter from the IRS


If you have received a tax notice, IRS letter, audit notice, or other tax correspondence from the IRS, a state agency, or a local agency, it can be difficult to know what to do next. We frequently represent clients with IRS penalties, interest, and taxes due, and we can help you, too. We have worked on items such as IRS Offers in Compromise and Penalty Abatements.


The Tax Help You Need


If you are ready to face your tax problems, we are here for you. We can help you relieve that huge stressful burden so you feel lighter and free from all that stress. Do not face your tax issues alone. Our trained and certified tax professionals work diligently to find the best outcome we can on your tax issues. Turn to the Showalter CPA Firm, and let us put our tax resolution services to work for you. Call now for more information or to schedule a consultation at (605) 646-3585.




Your form message has been successfully sent.
You have entered the following data:

Free, no obligation phone or office consultation!

Please correct your input in the following fields:
Error while sending the form. Please try again later.

Note: Fields marked with * are required

Print | Sitemap
© Showalter and Co CPA